We will accept applications from the following non-profit organization whose vision, mandate and focus includes:
- History of the Fraser River or communities along the Fraser River, including First Nations/Indigenous peoples
- Conservation, preservation and/or restoration of wetlands and water bodies (rivers, streams, oceans, etc.)
- Rehabilitation of wildlife and/or preservation of wildlife habitat
- Education about environmental and/or green incentives
- History of the Fraser River infrastructure (bridges, railroad, SkyTrain) and industrial/commercial activities on, by, near or supported by the River
- Education about wilderness/water safety and any of the above through recreational programs
Participating organizations’ exhibition must feature an interactive activity that engages and/or educates visitors about the organization’s mandate and vision, while integrating RiverFest’s mission and themes.
RiverFest is a family-friendly festival and therefore no political advocacy, issue demonstrations and/or petitions are permitted. The RiverFest Organizing Committee reserves the right to decline any organization that does not meet the outlined criteria. No critique or comments will be provided.
Booth Display and InformationThis is an outdoor event. Therefore your booth display must be designed to withstand wind and inclement weather. You are responsible for bringing your own tent, table coverings and display requirements. We will provide a 10’ x 10’ space and two folding chairs. 6’ x 6’ tables can be rented for $10. Booth fee for each 10’ x 10’ space are as follows:
- $35 for Canadian Registered Charities and all other non-profit organizations
- $50 for Governmental entities and departments (Regional District, Municipalities etc.)
Application Process and Checklist
- An application will be considered complete if it includes the following:
- Completed application form
- Associated Registration Fees. Fees will be refunded for those applicants who are not approved.
- Organization’s vision and mission statement.
- Digital images – please provide up to 4 images (including logo) that captures the vision of the organization. All images will be saved as a jpeg and labeled as follows: organization’s name, and numbered consecutively (e.g.FraserRiverDiscovery1). These will be used for promotional purposes.
All applications, even those received after the deadline, are considered and reviewed by the RiverFest Organizing Committee on a first-come, first-serve basis subject to availability of space. Your completed application is an acknowledgment and confirmation that you have read and agree to the terms and conditions outlined in this application.
For updates about RiverFest: Inspired by the Fraser, visit http://www.FraserRiverDiscovery.org; or like facebook.com/RiverFestNewWest; or follow us on Twitter @RiverFestNW, or contact Kevin Kapenda, Events Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org / phone: 604-521-8401 x 103.